1. Description of Raffle. By participating in The HOPE 50/50 Raffle benefitting The Hope Foundation (the “Raffle”), each participant (“Entrant”) is subject to, and agrees to be bound by, these Terms and Conditions, the decisions of The Hope Foundation (“HOPE”), which shall be binding and final as to all matters related to the Raffle. The Raffle is subject to the Gaming and Lotteries Act 1956. The Raffle is a fundraising tool to support the charitable efforts of The Hope Foundation, and by participating in the Raffle, Entrants acknowledge, understand, and agree that their participation in the Raffle is voluntary and motivated by their desire to make a charitable donation to HOPE and not for personal financial gain. HOPE encourages Entrants to participate in the Raffle responsibly.
2. Eligibility. Only those who are eighteen (18) years of age or older as of the commencement of each Raffle are eligible to participate in the Raffle, subject to the Terms and Conditions. HOPE employees are not eligible to enter the Raffle.
3. How to Enter. Raffle tickets (the “Tickets”) are all virtual and will be available for purchase online via this link. There is no limit to the number of Tickets that may be sold during each Raffle Period.
Entrants may enter the Raffle by purchasing Tickets from the above link during the Raffle Period at the following prices: one (1) Ticket for five euro (€5.00), three (3) Tickets for ten euro (€10.00), six (6) Tickets for twenty euro (€20.00), or ten (10) Tickets for thirty euro (€30.00). No other discounts or complimentary Tickets will be provided. All ticket purchases are final – no refunds will be issued. Ticket pricing subject to change at HOPE’s sole discretion.
At the time of purchase Entrants can choose to automatically enter the next four 4 monthly raffles. Entrants will be automatically charged the cost of their Ticket selection on the same date each month. For example, if the Entrant chooses to purchase three (3) entries for 10 euro (€10.00) and selects to enter the next four (4) draws then the Entrant will be charged 10 euro (€10.00) at the time of purchase and three (3) recurring monthly payments of 10 euro (€10.00) for three (3) months. HOPE does not store debit/credit card details.
No Ticket numbers will be allocated – the Entrant’s name is their virtual Ticket. If an Entrant purchases multiple tickets their name is entered into the draw multiple times, equivalent to the number of tickets purchased.
4. Prize. Each Winner will receive a prize equal to fifty percent (50%) of the jackpot for that drawing (“Prize”). Fifty percent (50%) of the jackpot will benefit the charitable activities of HOPE. The jackpot will be the total monetary value of all Tickets sold minus Stripe processing fees.
5. Selection of Winner. On the last Friday of every month, HOPE – by electronic means – will randomly draw one (1) raffle ticket (the “Winning Ticket”) from a pool of all eligible tickets sold. The Winner will be contacted by phone or email to arrange receipt of their prize by bank transfer or cheque and the Winner will be announced shortly after the draw on HOPE’s social media platforms if the Winner consents to it. HOPE’s drawing shall be final and binding and no alternative will be selected.
In the event that the Winner: (a) cannot be contacted within seven (7) business days of the applicable drawing; (b) is ruled ineligible for any reason; or (c) refuses the Prize, the Prize will be forfeited and retained by HOPE. HOPE will make every reasonable effort to contact potential winners. For security and safety reasons, no cash payments will be made to the winning Claimant.
6. Odds. The odds of a specific Raffle Ticket being the winning Raffle Ticket depend upon the total number of Raffle Tickets purchased for each individual drawing.
7. Transfer of Raffle Tickets or Prize. Raffle tickets cannot be transferred to another person because the tickets are linked to the Entrants name. If you wish to purchase Raffle tickets as a gift for someone else you should enter their name and contact details when purchasing tickets.
8. Disclaimer. HOPE, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person tampering with the entry process, any drawing, or who is otherwise in violation of these Terms and Conditions. HOPE further reserves the right to cancel, terminate, or modify the Raffle for any reason including—but not limited to—any Raffle that is not capable of completion as planned, infection by tampering, unauthorized intervention or technical failure of any sort, fraud, or act of God. HOPE further reserves the right to modify these Terms and Conditions at any time.