POSITION: Fundraising Officer / Administrator for the HOPE Foundation
START DATE: As soon as possible
REPORTING TO: Office Manager, HOPE Dublin
The HOPE Foundation was established in 1999, and is dedicated to promoting the protection of street and slum children primarily in Kolkata, India. HOPE implements a range of programmes in a variety of sectors including, but not limited to, healthcare, education, child protection, vocational training and nutrition, for some of the most vulnerable and underprivileged children in Kolkata, with the objective of bringing about lasting positive changes in their lives.
Main Responsibilities of the Role
The main responsibilities of this role include (not in any particular order)
● Participation in brainstorming sessions with respect to new fundraising ventures / ideas
● Initiate new fundraising activities
● Identify possible fundraising opportunities
● To raise funds and awareness about the work of HOPE in the greater Dublin area and beyond as directed.
● Maintenance and development of fundraising / supporters databases.
● Research into CSR opportunities in collaboration with HOPE International Fundraising Director
● Set realistic and achievable fundraising targets in collaboration with HOPE International fundraising director
● Work in cooperation with HOPEs fundraising and events co coordinator in Cork.
● Supporting fundraising activities and event coordination as required;
● Compiling, filing and maintaining records, databases and reports as directed;
● Corresponding with existing HOPE donors and supporters as directed in collaboration with HOPE Head office in Cork;
● Act as point of contact for donors (particularly those based in Dublin ) as instructed by International Fundraising Director
● Providing/compiling fundraising materials for HOPE supporters;
● Off-site support at HOPE events, presentations , fundraisers etc. as required.
● Networking at relevant events and functions and follow up as directed
● Develop staff deduction scheme opportunities within corporates using the example of the Davys scheme.
● Develop and implement HOPEs draft public engagement strategy.
● Provide cover for HOPE General Administrator Dublin office as required.
● Keep abreast of relevant developments in this sector which may impact on HOPEs work.
● Keep abreast of HOPEs programme activities
● Keep abreast of all of HOPEs fundraising activities
● Provide weekly report on activities and plans for following week
Person Specification for this role
● Proven track record in fundraising ability
● Target driven
● Personable and friendly;
● Excellent MS Office skills particularly in Excel and Word;
● Excellent written and oral communication skills;
● Excellent inter personal skills with a strong customer/donor focus;
● Strong organisational and multi-tasking abilities;
● Meticulous and thorough with excellent attention to detail;
● Fluency in written and verbal English;
● Self-starter and team player
● Confidence in working on own initiative
● Genuine interest in, and passion for the work of the HOPE Foundation.
● Full clean driving license
Desirable, but not essential
• Experience of working in the volunteer / charity sector
• Experience of working in the overseas development sector
• A working knowledge of child protection/rights and general international development issues;
• Experience of working with youth and young adults.
• Contract of indefinite duration subject to 6 months probationary period.
• The duties listed in this job description are not exhaustive and may be subject to change at the discretion of the HOPE Dublin office manager, and / or as circumstances dictate.
• Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be interviewed.