We are so delighted to announce that our incredible partnership with Specsavers Ireland has been shortlisted for the Charities Institute Ireland “Charities Excellence Awards 2019”, in the category of Best Corporate Partnership! These awards aim to highlight and reward excellence within the charity sector.
The Awards gala dinner will be held at the Guinness Storehouse in Dublin on Thursday 20th June, 2019.
Here is what this special partnership accomplished in 2018:
- A total of 40 free eye camps, 7188 people treated (1445 children and 5743 adults)
- 2697 free medicines given to patients.
- 4455 pairs of glasses provided in 40 free camps. Movingly we discovered that for many people it was their very first time having an eye test.
- 74 Specialised Eye Clinics held at the HOPE Hospital helping 230 people.
- 234 eye surgeries conducted at the HOPE Hospital Eye Operation Theatre.
When the Specsavers team from Ireland came to Kolkata, together with their Indian counterparts, they coordinated and attended four eye camps in the street and slum communities. They conducted specialised eye clinics at the HOPE Hospital. They also ran eye camps for the street population with the night round mobile medical ambulance for three nights covering five street areas. Their amazing team was made up of three Optometrists and one Dispensing optometrist. During their time in Kolkata they saw 1300 patients in the eye camps, outdoor and night round. Over 1100 free pairs of glasses were provided. This is an extraordinary weeks work and signifies what can be achieved when we truly collaborate for a common mission.